Hp printers are the best printers that you can ask for as they are going to provide you with quality printing. Due to this, these printers are famous all over the world. But although the printer may be the best, it is a part of the technology and it may go faulty. There are numerous things that can go wrong and most common of them is when your HP printer not printing back.
If your HP printer is not printing black ink in the cartridge, then do not panic. Everything might be just alright and the error might be occurring due to a normal problem. The printers are bound to encounter these issues at least once in a lifetime.
There are a series of steps that you can follow in order to eliminate the issue of HP printer won’t printing black completely. But some of the users not at all tech-savvy which is why you can get in touch with our experts.
Our experts have profound knowledge of the printers and their working and are experienced enough to handle any printer issues. These problems can occur due to various reasons and one of those reasons includes how you handle your printer.
Our experts are 100 percent verified professionals who are there to help you out. They are going to guide you through the issue and will suggest the ways through which you may not face the issue ever again.
But for those who are looking to solve the problem on their own, they can follow a series of steps in order to resolve the issue.
Here is how to fix the HP printer not printing black issue:
There could be several reasons which may cause the printer to face this issue. So you need to find a solution by removing the cartridges and start diagnosing whether what can be an issue.
1. Clean the printer head:
In order to clean the printhead, there are a series of steps that you need to follow:
When you are manually cleaning the printhead, then it is going to enable your printer to take more work. You can use the method below with the printhead that is built in the printer.
- The first thing that you need to do is to fold the dry paper towel into the quarters and then place it in the plastic container.
- Pour at least two to three inches of hot water on the top of the paper towel, so that it is completely submerged.
- After that, you need to open the printer and then remove all the cartridges from the machine.
- After that keep all the cartridges aside on a separate paper towel while you are continuing to clean the printhead.
- Then pull the printhead up and then remove it from the machine.
- If you see any excess ink on the printhead nozzle, you need to remove it as soon as possible.
- Place the printhead between the in the container with the submerged paper towels. The nozzle must be facing down and which is why you must be careful in touching the nozzle as it can be damaged very easily.
- Reinstall the printhead back in the printer and do not forget to latch. After that, you need to reinstall the cartridges.
- After this step run the clean function on the machine again.
This way you will be able to make sure that your printhead remains in great shape.
2. Restart the Printer:
There are at times when you are facing any issue related to the printer due to a minor glitch. In order to remove the glitch, the first thing that you need to do is to restart the printer.
In order to successfully restart the printer, the one thing that you need to do is to switch off the printer. After the printer has been switched off and then unplug all the cables out, that also includes the power cable.
Once the cables are out, you need to wait for at least a minute before you replug the cables again. Once, the limit is complete, you need to replug the cables again. When the printer is switched on, see whether or not you are able to face the same issue of HP printer is not printing black ink. If you are still facing the same issue, then you must follow the next step.
3. Update printer drivers:
When you see the printer drivers are not updated, then it is possible that you can face this issue. You need to make sure that your printer’s drivers are not outdated. If they are, you need to update it as soon as possible.
Visit the official website of the printer and see what is the latest version of the software for your printer. Match it with the version by opening the device manager option from the control panel.
See whether or not both versions are the same. If they are not the same, then download the update from the official website.
4. Replace the ink cartridge:
There might be an issue where the ink in the cartridge is empty and you might have to refill or replace the cartridge. In order to replace the cartridge, you need to that existing on out of the printer.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- After that open the cover of the printer.
- Wait until you see that the carriage moves to the right side of the printer and is quiet.
- After that press down on the old ink cartridge, and then slowly slide out of the cartridge.
- Remove the cartridge from the ink slot.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packing and then pull the pink tab to remove the protective tape from the cartridge.
- Hold the ink cartridge so that the copper strips are on the bottom and are facing toward the printer.
This way you will be able to replace the ink cartridge and resolve the HP printer is not printing black ink issue.
At the End
If they are, then you need to get in touch with our experts who can take the remote access of your PC and can help you install the drivers for you and resolve printer not printing black issues.
They are experienced and are well aware of the issue. They are verified professionals, who are working so you won’t have to face any issue.