You might be getting Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 on your printer and not able to connect your PC with printer.
This is one of the most annoying errors you can think of. This error is a permission error which occurs when you attempt to install your printer.
Stay with us and we will provide a solution to solve error.
Fix Printer Error Code 20
You might be getting Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 on your printer. This is one of the most annoying errors you can think of. This error is a permission error that usually occurs when you attempt to install your printer, and this error pops out.
What cause Printer Error Code 20 to appear?
There are many reasons for Printer Error Code 20 to appear. Some of the common causes are as follows:
- Your Printer is not set as default printer.
- Printer drivers are missing.
- Device Manager Issues.
- Registry Errors in your Computer.
Here are some basic steps to follow to fix Printer Not Activating Error 20
1. Set the Default Printer
First and the foremost thing is, try to set your printer as Default Printer.
- Go to “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Hardware and Printers” option.
- Choose “Devices and Printers”
- Right click on the printer that you want to use and select “set as default printer.”
- Now reboot your Computer to save the changes.
2. Re-install the USB Device
Re-installing the USB device is like starting all over again, and it may eliminate the printer not activated error 20 issue.
To start to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Make a right click on “My Computer” and choose “Properties.”
- Select the “Hardware” options and go to “Device Manager” option.
- Now, right click on USB Composite Device, uninstall it and confirm.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your PC and click ok.
- Connect the USB cable again and install the drivers. Follow on-screen instructions to install the drivers which you will find in “Found New Hardware Wizard.”
- Click on Start and then choose “Printer and Faxes” in order to open the Printers folder.
- Locate the printer icon and then click on “Print Test Page” for a self-test page and if it working fine.
3. Clean the Registry
Corrupt or damaged components of the registry can prevent your computer from connecting with your printer. The registry is nothing but an inside database of windows system that stores important setting and files.
Whenever you use any software, it reads many registry settings to run successfully. When any of these settings get corrupted or damaged, it makes it difficult for windows to read those registry settings.
Cleaning out the registry is the best way to wipe out the damaged and corrupted files. You will require a registry cleaner to clean it.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the Printer Software
If the above steps do not work then uninstall the printer software and reinstall again. This will help in eliminating the errors occurring in your pc.
At the End
These simple methods will help you to resolve the Printer not activating Error 20 issue. If you are unable to solve the Printer not activating issue, then we can help you. Get in touch with our Tech Masters at Printer Error Code and get a solution to your problem instantly.