Canon printers are widely used printers around the globe due to its impeccable features. There are various kinds of printers available. These printers eases the workload and work for the years.
In order for the Canon printers to work seamlessly, you need to have constantly install and update the Canon printer drivers. These updates are reliable in providing the enhancements. And fix all the other issues and bugs that are discovered in the printer.
There are other updates as well that can bring new operations on the table for the canon printers. The drivers are responsible for making the connection between the operating system and the printer. This is very important to keep them up to date and it must be a part of your company’s printer maintenance.
You can easily look for the canon printer drivers from the canon’s official website. You can get that from the windows update also.
Well, one must know that when you are going to update the drivers, it is among the most confusing and tedious tasks. You might be having multiple devices of canon and that can create a hassle for you when you have to install and update the drivers in every single one of them.
The drivers are going to make sure that the process is working smoothly and you are no losing any time in this fast-paced world.
What do you need to know about the Canon printer drivers for Windows 10?
When you are using the canon printer, then they are going to make sure that the updates and the drivers and installed automatically. But there are going to be the times when they just won’t. It can prove to be a hassle following the process all by yourself.
This can be very challenging when you do not know anything about the latest technology around you. You may not be familiar with it and for some of the canon printer models, it can be a very boring task.
What you need o do is to visit the website and look for the drivers online. From there, you will be able to download the drivers.
Complications can accumulate if you are using different models of printers at your office. It will be very confusing to know what driver to install in what PC. you need to every careful regarding this as installing the wrong drivers can malfunction your PC.
There are two ways in which you will be able to install and update the Canon printer drivers. The first way is by the windows update and the second is by downloading the drivers from the Canon website.
- The first thing that you need to do is to log in your PC with the physical printer connection. Or you can log in with the printer server where the current drivers are already installed. Make sure that you are using the account with the local administrator when you are accessing the server or the computer.
- Click “Start and then type Windows Update in the Search box, and select “Windows Update” when it appears in the results.
- Click “Check for updates” on the left side, then click the “Optional updates are available” link after Windows Update populates the available updates list. All driver updates appear as optional updates, so if this link doesn’t appear, it means that the driver now installed is the most current version or Canon hasn’t yet released a newer version to Microsoft. In this case, follow the instructions in the next section to check Canon’s website for a newer driver.
- Click the checkbox next to the Canon driver, then click “OK” and “Install updates.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation if applicable. You may be promote to reboot your computer afterward
Download From Canon Website
- Log in to the computer containing the physical printer connection or to the printer server using an account with local administrator access.
- Navigate to Canon’s Support & Drivers page (link in Resources).
- Enter your Canon printer model in the Search box at the top of the window and click “Search.” The model is usually printed on the top or front of the device. A list of matching products will appear, sorted by model. Click the “Drivers & Software” link under the correct model to access its download page. Alternatively, use the “Browse by Product Type” menu to drill down to your printer model. After selecting a product type, product series and product name, a list of matching models will appear. Click the “Drivers & Software” link for the appropriate model.
- Select “Windows” from the Operating System drop-down, and select the appropriate version: 64-bit operating systems are listed and operating systems without this notation are 32-bit. If you are not sure whether your computer is 32- or 64-bit, find out by clicking “Start,” right-clicking “Computer” and selecting “Properties.”
- Select the appropriate driver from the list, which is arranged in chronological order by date. Clicking the “+” symbol will reveal a description for each item. If your Canon printer is a multi-function or production unit, you might see separate fax drivers and specialty drivers for certain applications.
- Driver filenames starting with “PCL5” or “PCL6” are usually the “main” printer drivers. Choose a PCL6 driver unless you use older software in your environment that will not render print jobs correctly when a PCL6 driver is installed.
- Consider installing a “Generic” printer driver if you are having problems getting your printer to operate correctly with certain applications or operating systems.
- Read the terms and conditions; then click “I agree” to begin the download.
- Double-click on the installer and follow the on-screen instructions. If the driver package contains an installation wizard, you won’t need to take any further steps; but if the package is a zip archive, extract the files to a sub-folder that you’ll remember and continue following the steps below to install it manually.
- Click “Start” and then click “Devices and Printers. Right-click on the Canon printer and select “Printer Properties. Click on the “Advanced” tab and click “New Driver. Click “Next,” “Have Disk” and “Browse.” Navigate to the driver file location and click “Open.”
- You need to follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the update.
This is the process through which you will be able to install and update Canon printer drivers for windows 10.