Brother printers are considered as one of the best peripheral devices which are mostly known for their high-end features and functionalities.
As a proud owner of a Brother printer, you get the ability of printing documents wirelessly from your computer or mobile. Whether you are in the office or at home, you can print effortlessly without any USB.
All you require to do is to configure Brother Printer with WiFi network correctly.
If you don’t know how to connect your brother printer to WiFi network then don’t worry, we will you out with this.
Follow these simple steps to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi Network
Pre-requisites before setting up your Printer device:
Before you start setting up your brother printer machine, you have to obtain the wireless network settings of your device (Access Point Router).
- Check and make a record of the existing wireless network settings as mentioned below.
- Network Name (SSID: Service Set ID, ESSID: Extended Service Set ID)
- Network Key (Password, Security Key or Encryption Key, etc.)
- Make a note that your Brother Printer supports the use of the first WEP KEY only. If you are using a router, with several WEP KEYs, then consider entering the key used for the first WEP KEY.
How can you locate the Network Name (SSID, ESSID) and Network Key?
In order to find the Network name and key, you can check either the base or side of your WLAN access point. If still not able to find the same, see the documentation provided with the router/access point or you can call our experts for instant help.
You will need this information to configure the printer’s wireless settings through the device’s control panel.
Steps to follow for setting Up Brother Printer on a Wireless Network
In order to connect Brother Printer to WiFi router without USB follow the below step by step guide.
- Go to “Network” settings under the “Main” menu on the printer’s display.
- Open the wireless network wizard.
- Your brother printer will now start exploring the available network in the range.
- After a little while, you will see a list of networks; displayed on your machine’s display.
- You must know the SSID of your installed WiFi network. Select the network name and click “OK.”
- You may be asked to provide the network key or password to get connected to it.
- Enter the correct password in the respective field. Ensure you type in the correct password value.
- After another few seconds, you will get to know the status of the connection on the printer’s display.
- If your printer got connected to the wi-fi network, you would see the “Success” message on the same.
- In case your printer encounters any problem; it will display an error message on the screen. You can call us to fix it now.
- Resolving the error is the only option to proceed further. You can contact the experts to explain the error you got while connecting the Brother printer with the WiFi network.
- Once you are done with the problem fixing and set up your printer to the network; you need to install the printer drivers.
- In case you have drivers for your printer. You can get in touch with our experts.
- Following any of these methods when you are done with installing the printer drivers; you are all set to give print command now.
- Restart your system along with the printer before you rush for giving print commands.
If your Brother Printer machine fails to connect to your WiFi router then our experts are here to help you, dial our toll-free number to get instant help from the experts of Printer Error Code!